- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
- 100ml low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 100ml barbecue sauce
Our home made BBQ Sauce (makes roughly the right quantity)
- 2 tbsp tomato concentrate
- 1 sp dark brown sugar
- 1 sp red wine vinegar
- 10 dash chilli sauce
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried rosemary/1fresh sprig rosemary
- Preheat oven/BBQ for indirect cooking
- In a medium bowl, stir together nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together broth, peanut butter and soy sauce until incorporated. Pour mixture into bowl with the dry ingredients and stir gently until well-incorporated.
- Cut Seitan lengthwise, roughly 1cm slabs and add it to the mixture, massaging it into the seitan for 2-3 minutes
- Place Seitan in preheated oven/BBQ and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush the top of the ribs with barbecue sauce. Place sauce side down on heated grill /BBQ. Brush the top with more barbecue sauce.
- When the bottom of the ribs are deeply browned (about 5-6 minutes), flip over and cook the other side until brown. Remove from heat and serve immediately, with more barbecue sauce if desired.